Pages

Friday, March 9, 2012

The Play Room is Out of Control

The toys have well and truely overtaken our combined playroom / dining room and  I think it would be fair to say it is no longer a dining room. This is what it looks like on a tidy day (i.e. before my son gets up):

A quick look around pinterest though leaves me insanely jealous - why doesn't my playroom look like these beautiful ones:
Image via Design Sponge - love the big stripey bags in this one
Image via Baby Deco
image via the Fickle Pickle
Do you think these rooms actually ever look like this except for when being photographed? What does your play room / area look like? How do you store your toys - particularly the big ones? Also if anyone knows where i can get large bags like the ones in the Design Sponge image above - please let me know!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kate, me thinks those rooms get really messy too. I have nominated you for a Liebster Award, check me blog for details!

    ReplyDelete
  2. In our last 2 houses we had large playrooms and mostly they actually did look like those pictures, they were easy to tidy and keep organised. Ikea solutions, large space that they liked to actually play in without spreading toys through the other rooms and I think my head was in a good place.

    When we moved their space shrunk and all of the purposed furniture did not fit, most of all they have too many toys for the new space. But I think the big difference is me. I am mentally just not up for organising their space and keeping it organised. I think a space can be organised no matter how big/small/awkward but it depends on the effort to get it there. I know I need to cull toys and rethink how it is sorted but I just don't want to. So I am suffering from MESS pretty much constantly.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...